Are you interested in scuba diving by boat in Vancouver and the Pacific North West? Then you’ve come to the right place!
Wall diving, pinnacles, canyons, seals, drifts, unique sponge bio herms, artificial reefs, and stunning ocean and mountain scenery – explore it all on our 5-Hour boat dive trip! Head to Horseshoe Bay and take our customized boat Topline to explore the emerald waters of Howe Sound. Here you can commonly see Pacific octopus, wolf eels, nudibrachs, and beautifully bizarre fish such as the decorated warbonnet and grunt sculpin.
- Diving by boat in the Pacific Northwest
- Professional and experienced staff, dive buddy available
- Fully customized vessel with heated cabin, marine head, and compressor on board
- Tank fills available onboard for extra fee
- Local area knowledge
- Hot drinks and snacks included
- Non-diver ride along option available
- May 1 to Sept 30 – 8:00 am (Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun)
- Sep 30 to Apr 30 – 8:00 am (Sat and Sun, weekdays upon request)
- Departure times can vary depending on day of the week
- Group charters and special itineraries available
- 5 hours round-trip
- Please arrive 30 minutes before your charter is scheduled to depart and check in at the Expedition Centre then head to unload your gear at either the winter or summer dock in Sewell’s Marina.
- 2 Dives (bring own gear and tanks) $109.95 + tax
- 2 Dives (bring own gear and tank, 1 air fill) $119.95 + tax
- 3 Dives (bring own gear and tanks) $159.95 + tax
- 1 Air fill $15.00 + tax – Nitrox is currently unavailable
- Tank rental with 1 air fill $30.00 + tax
- Equipment rental and wetsuit (semi-drysuit also available) $65.00 + tax
- Equipment rental and drysuit (with certification only) $90.00 + tax
- Non-diver ride along $75.00 + tax
* Tax is an additional 5% GST on prices listed above. Sea Dragon reserves the right to change prices or charge additional for altered trips, including for tech divers with extended bottom time and equipment requirements.
- Evidence of certification required by all divers; minimum Open Water Diver
- Must follow dive regulations set forth by certifying agency
- Dive equipment available for rent; notify at time of booking
- Minors under 19 must have waiver signed by parent or guardian before boarding
- Flying and traveling to high elevations within 24 hours of diving is not recommended. Please adjust travel plans accordingly
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
About this tour:
British Columbia was voted the #1 diving destination in North America by Scuba Diving Magazine because of its biodiversity and vibrant life. Its nutrient rich waters and amazing topography make for stunning diving. By boat diving with Sea Dragon you will encounter a diversity of marine life in the Pacific North West, and see Vancouver’s first artificial reef – the HMCS Annapolis!
Explore Howe Sound on Topline, a 40-foot vessel specifically customized for divers. This includes an on-board compressor, marine toilet, large dive platform, and topside viewing deck – all of which make your trip comfortable and hassle-free. Spend more time diving and less time lugging gear to shore! You’ll also receive hot soup (or tea) on your surface interval and be able to warm up in Topline’s heated cabin between dives. Talk about value-added!
This tour accommodates all levels of certified divers – recreational, technical, rebreather, photographers, free-divers, and more. Gear rental is available and we can provide a qualified Divemaster upon request. No need to worry about finding a buddy!
Not a scuba diver? Choose the non-diver ride along option to hop on board with a friend. Non-divers can also choose an alternative tour, the Sea Life Cruise. This separate excursion allows non-divers to soak up the scenery and see the beauty of British Columbia from a unique perspective, including snorkeling and kayaking with seals!
Please Note: Dive sites may vary due to group abilities and environmental conditions, at the Captain’s discretion. Please advise at time of booking of any special equipment requirements or if you need a buddy. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements.