Snorkel and kayak with SEALS for a true West Coast experience, just minutes from Vancouver.
No experience necessary!
This multi-activity excursion departs from Horseshoe Bay taking you to the nearby seal colony of Pam Rocks in scenic Howe Sound. Here, marine lovers have the chance to experience a face-to-face encounter with harbour seals in their natural environment. This value added activity includes all you need for an afternoon adventure! The sea life cruise is an excellent choice for all ages and abilities, individuals or groups and a ‘sightseeing only’ option is also available for guests who wish to stay dry on board.
- Travel by boat and see the Pacific Northwest by water
- See native wildlife in their natural habitat
- Informative, friendly, and professional guides
- Snorkeling kit, wetsuit and all kayak gear included
- Hot drinks and snacks included
- Non-snorkeler ride along option available
- No experience necessary
- May 1 to May 31 – 2:00pm (Thu, Fri, Sat)
- Jun 1 to Aug 31 – 2:00pm (Tue, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun)
- Sept 1 to Sept 30 – 2:00pm (Thu, Fri, Sat)
- Off season is available upon request
- Departure times can vary depending on day of the week
- Group charters and specialized itineraries available
- 5 hours round-trip
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure and checkin at our Expedition Center
- Adult (13-64 years) $109.95 + tax
- Senior (65+ years) $99.95 + tax
- Child (3-12 years) $99.95 + tax
- Infant (0-2 years) Free
- Sightseeing Only $79.95 + tax
* Tax is an additional 5% GST on prices listed above.
- Guests must be able to swim confidently
- Children must be accompanied by parent or guardian (including in-water)
- Minors under 19 must have waiver signed by parent or guardian before boarding
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or serious medical conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
About this tour:
Meet our boat Topline in Horseshoe Bay, then travel 30 minutes into Howe Sound arriving at the local seal colony Pam Rocks. Here guests can watch as seals sun themselves on the rocks or swim about in their own aquatic environment. You’ll don a wetsuit to keep you warm and buoyant then hop in with a certified snorkel guide. What happens next is completely up to the seals!
Harbour seals can grow up to six feet and are docile, curious creatures, each with their own unique personality. They may bob along the surface beside the snorkelers and kayakers, curious of the humans, or playfully skirt under the snorkelers fins playing hard to get! They may even show you how to catch a meal – sushi anyone? The West Coast is one of the most beautiful places on earth and these little seal friends are the star attraction!
During this adventure you will have the opportunity to switch between snorkeling and kayaking. Alternatively, you can stay dry on board while enjoying a hot cup of soup! Sightseeing onboard you can experience spectacular ocean scenery, multitudes of birds from the nearby bird sanctuary, bald eagles, and many types of marine life including the famous seals!
The sea life cruise is an excellent choice for all ages and abilities, individuals or groups, as there is an adventure for everyone – no experience necessary! This excursion includes snorkel gear and snacks.
Please note: Alternative itineraries and times available for special group bookings. Please advise of any special equipment requirements or medical concerns at time of booking. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. ‘Sightseeing Only’ option cannot operate without enough snorkelers.